cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sukie
Helper I
Helper I

First(ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Data).field not work in embedded canvas app which is showing "getting your data..."

Hi,

I want to use a embedded canvas app in model driven app, and created the canvas app according to the MS DOC  , But the canvas app always shows "getting your data".

I googled a lot of solutions that says I should add a timer to get the recorder displayed in the model-driven app's Main Form, but the formula they used

First(ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Data).fieldname

does not work in my environment. It says can not recognize the identifier fieldname that in my datasource.

The formula

ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Item.fieldname

does not show error, but display nothing.

The canvas app's form is created automatically when I click the customize button in the Field Properties dialog of classic form editor, and the formula of ModelDrivenFormIntegration.datasource is automatically set to [@entityname]. Anything seams likely alright but it does not work...

I am going crazy, why I did everything in MS doc but it does not work...  😞

Any answer or web resources are appreciated !!

- sukie

3 REPLIES 3
sukie
Helper I
Helper I

All of your embedded canvas apps work fine ? 😭

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sukie ,

The getting your data message is coming from an EditForm with no item to display. 

On your end, if you would like to use an Edit form to display the same record as the selected item in model-driven apps, you will need to set Item of the edit form to:

LookUp(Table, 'GUID field of this table' = GUID(First(ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Data).ItemId))

then in this edit form you will be able to edit fields and select the field you want.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jefferni 

Thank you very much for you reply.

I tried the formula you gave me, but it still says the ItemId does not exist.

2.jpg

Do you know how to print all of the fields of the record that the formula First(ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Data) returns?

I think the ModelDrivenFormIntegration is weird because I input [.] follow this variable and it shows nothing.

The edit form is automatically generated when I click customize button and the datasource of ModelDrivenFormIntegration is set to [@Father] which is the table name.

3.jpg

Is that possible because I am using developer environment?

Best Regards

- sukie

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,371)