Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngreen
Helper III
Helper III

First Time using a custom API and I am stuck

Hello,

I built out a custom connector API for my PowerApp. The api sends a username over and then returns with campus data and affiliation data.

What I am trying to do in PowerApps is have the API run and return that data when someone inputs an email address. My current setup is that when an email address is entered, a separate Text datacard removes the @domain.com from the email address to give the plain username. What I can't figure out is how to get the API to start to run and then return with the campus and affiliation data and put them in the respective campus datacard and affiliation datacard. 

It doesn't seem like there's a lot of resources on how to do something like this. I tried hooking the API to the Items of a Gallery, but it just errors out with a Behavior function error.

2 REPLIES 2
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @ngreen 

You could connect a Power Automate Flow to a button in your Power App.

You will be able to use the Power Apps v2 trigger in Power Automate and create the input parameters. (Username, etc) and call the API inside Flow using HTTP connector. Then you can pass the data back to Power Apps using the Respond to Flow/Power Apps action.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

I was trying to stay away from doing more than one button in the app to prevent user error from the people who are going to be using it. Maybe I should just have a Flow run after submitting data to Sharepoint and have the flow run the API and update the submitted sharepoint item with the campus and affiliation data pulled from the API

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,775)