cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First row of Gallary not populating with translations

Hi there,
I use translations from an excel table within a gallery. The information to be translated comes from a SharePoint list. The first line of the Gallery is not loading all information after start of the app. Only after refreshing the data.
Not Loading: information comming from SharePoint-List with translations within the first line of the Gallery.

Loading: Information of the first line from SharePoint without translations, simple labels with translation.

In the Lookup-Function for the information from SharePoint I used the exact text as key instead of the Fieldname.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

Best regards

Caddy

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Neewy ,

Can you please share your code (in text) and where is it initiated from.

Hi, this is the code in Text:

Caddy123_1-1604311766241.png

LookUp(StartScreen; Screen="Start" And Key=ThisItem.Lager_x0020_2 And Language=gbllanguageFromFunktion;Value)

Hi @Caddy123 ,

I assume you have now logged in with another account (the owner of the thread is @Neewy ).

You have a Delegation warning, which is interesting as the query seems to be Delegable.

LookUp(
   StartScreen; 
   Screen="Start" And 
   Key=ThisItem.Lager_x0020_2 And 
   Language=gbllanguageFromFunktion;
   Value
)

You could try

LookUp(
   StartScreen; 
   Screen="Start" && Key=ThisItem.Lager_x0020_2 && Language=gbllanguageFromFunktion
).Value

however I need to confirm a couple of things

• StartScreen is a Table in your Excel connected file
  • It has Text columns called Screen, Lager_x0020_2 , gbllanguageFromFunktion and Value
  • The reference you are looking for is in Value

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi,

LookUp(
   StartScreen; 
   Screen="Start" && Key=ThisItem.Lager_x0020_2 && Language=gbllanguageFromFunktion
).Value

Does not solve the problem.

• StartScreen is a Table in your Excel connected file - yes
  • It has Text columns called Screen, Lager_x0020_2 , gbllanguageFromFunktion and Value - No, ThisItem.Lager ager_x0020_2 only gives the text that should be looked up. I don´t know how to reference fields within a gallery. When using the field name I can only have one Text that is translated, but for different lines the filed contains different text. And I think maybe this referencing is causing the problem. So the columns are: Language, Screen, key, value, and for the gallery fields "key" is not the fieldname but the exact text that the filed could contain.

Unbenannt.JPG
  • The reference you are looking for is in Value - yes

Hi @Caddy123 ,

I am a ;little lost here - what is gbllanguageFromFunktion?

gbllanguageFromFunktion is a variable that contains the language code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,550)