cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAid
Level: Powered On

First time embedding PowerApp in SharePoint 365. Need help getting rid of dark gray background

I just embedded my powerapp to SharePoint 365 (first time) and not sure what's up with the dark gray background.  I am using the SharePoint "modern experience" vs. "classic SharePoint".  My embed code is as follows:

<iframe src="https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/iframeapp?source=iframe&amp;screenColor=rgba(104,101,171,1)&amp;..." width="665px" height="768px"></iframe>

Attached is a screenshot.  If I adjust the width and the height, I can make the powerapp bigger and it makes the dark gray space smaller. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerAid

Re: First time embedding PowerApp in SharePoint 365. Need help getting rid of dark gray background

@cherie wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried using the web part for PowerApps instead? https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-the-powerapps-web-part-6285f05e-e441-408a-99d7-aa688195...

If you want to embed it yourself with the html snippet, the width and height need to be in the same proportion as the screen canvas (the white part) itself. Another thing you can try is if you go into Advanced settings, there is an Enable app embedding user experience. This option will make the background white.

Thanks

Cherie

That seems to work better so thanks for the tip.  I didn't know that was available.  There is an issue with the size, however.  It is displaying the powerapp smaller than what I see when I view the powerapp from the powerapp link provided in the details page of the app.  I see that there is a way to resize the app by pulling down on the bottom right corner but it won't allow me to pull down any futher.  It seems like SharePoint is preventing me from making the height any taller than it currently is.  My powerapp is a protrait tablet canvas.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Power Apps Staff cherie
Power Apps Staff

Re: First time embedding PowerApp in SharePoint 365. Need help getting rid of dark gray background

Hi,

Have you tried using the web part for PowerApps instead? https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-the-powerapps-web-part-6285f05e-e441-408a-99d7-aa688195...

If you want to embed it yourself with the html snippet, the width and height need to be in the same proportion as the screen canvas (the white part) itself. Another thing you can try is if you go into Advanced settings, there is an Enable app embedding user experience. This option will make the background white.

Thanks

Cherie

PowerAid

@cherie wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Cherie

That seems to work better so thanks for the tip.  I didn't know that was available.  There is an issue with the size, however.  It is displaying the powerapp smaller than what I see when I view the powerapp from the powerapp link provided in the details page of the app.  I see that there is a way to resize the app by pulling down on the bottom right corner but it won't allow me to pull down any futher.  It seems like SharePoint is preventing me from making the height any taller than it currently is.  My powerapp is a protrait tablet canvas.

View solution in original post

Power Apps Staff cherie
Power Apps Staff

Which option did you go with? Can you share a screenshot of what it looks like with me? 

PowerAid

Ok.  I think it was user error.  I have it figured out now.  I had the width and height proportions mixed up.  Thanks for your help!

Power Apps Staff cherie
Power Apps Staff

Anytime glad it worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,925)