cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

First time user and Database and File storage are over capacity

Hi There,

I'm trying to understand how Power apps storage/licensing works,
  • we would like to use power apps at our company, currently all users are under O365 E3 license
  • when I try to login and build an app, obviously it asked for create new environment but i get this error 
" This environment can't be created because your org (tenant) needs at least 1 GB of database capacity. Request ID: 1c70bc6e-97d3-4e9b-87ae-07cb85cfe83e. Monitor Capacity "

When i click on monitor capacity it says we are over 84% !!! 
Screenshot 2020-11-25 154813 (2).jpg
My question is - this is the first time we are using power apps in our company why is there no space!?
and do we need a new license on top of O365 E3 to create Canvas app or to create environment ?

Please advice
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If all you have are E3 licenses then you probably won't have space to create additional environments.  But when you build a new app it shouldn't require that you create a new environment.  You should be able to create canvas apps in your default environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If all you have are E3 licenses then you probably won't have space to create additional environments.  But when you build a new app it shouldn't require that you create a new environment.  You should be able to create canvas apps in your default environment.

View solution in original post

Thank you @Pstork1 ,

Anyone please advice if you 🙂 foresee any reason why we need to upgrade license ?

Two developers build canvas apps and share with all E3 users

Mostly with following connectors

- Excel

- OneDrive

- SharePoint connectors

- CDS(Dataverse)

Thanks again

MC

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you are going to use Dataverse (the full Dataverse, not the one restricted to Teams) then you will need to get eitehr per App or per User licenses.  Those licenses will provide additional capacity, which will let you make additional environments if you want to.  But CDS (Dataverse) is a premium connector and requires premium licensing.  Outside of the use of that connector you probably won't need to upgrade.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,319)