cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClementeChH
Frequent Visitor

Flexible Gallery caos

I create a flexible gallery to select a data set from a database in excel. By having enough rows of data, the gallery collapses while loading; however, once the database is loaded and the user slides over the gallery, the items begin to relocate in a matter of milliseconds, giving the sensation of jumping items. It looks horrible and generates the feeling of error in the app.

FlexiGallery.png

How can I improve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClementeChH ,

I test on my side with different layout social feed and news feed and there is no issue as you say, they shows stable.

20190220test1.jpg

Could you please try to close and reopen and then create one new to test it again?

And Could you please check the controls’ AutoHeight is set to true in your gallery ,could you please change it to false to test again?

20190220test2.jpg

Could you please turn off “Delayed load” and “Improved app rendering (final validation)” option in advanced settings in your App settings and try it again?

20190220test3.jpg

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClementeChH ,

I test on my side with different layout social feed and news feed and there is no issue as you say, they shows stable.

20190220test1.jpg

Could you please try to close and reopen and then create one new to test it again?

And Could you please check the controls’ AutoHeight is set to true in your gallery ,could you please change it to false to test again?

20190220test2.jpg

Could you please turn off “Delayed load” and “Improved app rendering (final validation)” option in advanced settings in your App settings and try it again?

20190220test3.jpg

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

turn off “Delayed load” and “Improved app rendering (final validation)” in the app configurations, ando works perfectly.

Thanks.

Thanks for the direction on getting this to work...I wish I had read this 15 hours earlier because I just changed all my code to work with data from memory using ClearCollect. BTW - That is one other way for the flexible Gallery to work; it is to use data from memory rather than read it from the table directly.

My FlexGal was working in the edit mode but did not work when viewed from a browser (any) so I put in a lot of work overnight because it is a "chat" feature I built and there was just a lot of changes I had to make to a live app.

Do you know what and where else the switching off "Delayed Loading" feature impact? That would be something to know since it is added...there must be a use case to prove it and a few use cases to be alert of.

thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,835)