cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flexible Height Gallery with overlapping items

Hello, 

I have a flexible height gallery embedded within another flexible height gallery. 

However, the embedded gallery is not always drawing correctly, which results in items overlapping (as shown below). 

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

This is what it should look like:

Flexible Height Galleries:

• The blue bars = Gallery1 (listing ‘Method Categories’)
  • Expanded items = Gallery 2 (embedded within Gallery1)

Expand arrow OnSelect: Set(VarMethodCategory, ThisItem.Result)

Gallery2 items visible: If((MethodCategory = VarMethodCategory), true, false)

Gallery2.Height: 100*CountRows(Filter(Collection, MethodCategory = VarMethodCategory))

Example3.png

The issue I have is that the flexible Gallery2 is not drawing properly, so its items overlap?

I found the below post about inserting HTML textfields, which I tried but the issue still persists.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-html-text

Any ideas?

Example1.png   Example2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found a solution for this:

The embedded gallery was also a 'flexible height' gallery when it did not need to be. Changing this to a normal gallery resolved it for me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi @Anonymous,

So here you are using the nested Galleries?

Please first take a try to turn on the Render in Classic mode, then check to see if that would make it work:

Render.gif

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found a solution for this:

The embedded gallery was also a 'flexible height' gallery when it did not need to be. Changing this to a normal gallery resolved it for me!

View solution in original post

Thank you for sharing your solution! I had the same issue and spent a couple hours trying to figure it out before finding this! Thanks again! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,336)