cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TML
Advocate II
Advocate II

Flexible Height Gallery works only sometimes

I have a flexible gallery list and sometimes it displays correctly, but not always.  This gallery is displaying text from a SQL table that comprises a list of questions.  Sometimes the questions are fully displayed and sometimes they are not.  The gallery items are controlled by which section (another gallery list) was selected.  By clicking on the same section again and again, I can get the flexible height gallery to "refresh" which sometimes will cause it to display correctly and sometimes it will not, but this is not a good solution because it resets all items in the list and loses any work that has been done.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a bug?  Anyone found a workable solution?

Example screen shots:

When it first opens this screenWhen it first opens this screenAfter first "refresh"After first "refresh"After a second "refresh"After a second "refresh"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TML
Advocate II
Advocate II

I switched to using HTML controls instead of labels and that resolved the issue of it not resizing correctly and cutting off the text sometimes. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AKotb
Power Apps
Power Apps

Can you tell us about the controls inside the flexible height gallery ?
Are you using an html control (with autoheight enabled) for both the title and subtitle ? or two labels ?

I am using two label controls with Auto Height enabled.  I also have a radio button control which you can see in the screen shots, and a text control to the right of the RB that becomes visible if they choose "Training" in the RB.  But in the screen shots, the only thing to the left of the RB control are the two labels.

TML
Advocate II
Advocate II

I switched to using HTML controls instead of labels and that resolved the issue of it not resizing correctly and cutting off the text sometimes. 

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot @TML !

Using the HTML-Control has also solved another problem:

If i use a simple Filter for the Items Property of the Flexible Height Gallery erverything works fine.

But if i use SortByColumns, i run in exactly the same problem you have described here.

With the HTML Control everything works fine! 🙂

Best regards

Stefan

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,361)