cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Flow.RUN() failed error "TriggerInputSchemaMismatch". Error type : "Expected Number but got String"

Hi,

I am trying to run a flow (Execute SQL Stored Procedure) where the flow takes a GroupID from varRecord (Gallery.Selected) and an Individual ID from ComboBox.Selected.ID.

I am not able to fetch the GroupID using varRecord.GroupID. It comes up as blank. When I do a LookUp with the table where the GroupID is stored, it gives me a schema mismatch error. It says expected number but got string.

I tried using Value(LookUp(...)), but that didn't help either.

I am running the SP on the 'OnSelect' property of the ComboBox. The error pops up on PowerApps even before the Flow can run.

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I suspect that the GroupId property of varRecord is being read as a string when you need an integer.  Try replacing your use of varRecord.GroupId in the Lookup with value(varRecord.GroupId), rather than putting the Value() outside the lookup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User
Super User

Is the error coming from the Lookup(), if so, maybe it has to with the condition in the lookup. What is the lookup formula?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Now I get an error as follows:

'Execute Procedure V2' requires the property 'parameter/id' to be a string of maximum length '-1' but is of length '1'. error in powerapps

LookUp(IMTable, IM_No = Gallery.Selected.IM_No).GroupID

IMTable has GroupID against every IM_No

Data type of IM_No and GroupID is int.

Can you try this and see if the lookup will return a value instead of an error.

LookUp(IMTable, IM_No = Value(Gallery.Selected.IM_No)).GroupID

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,689)