cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrittanyR
Helper III
Helper III

Flow.Run action sending emails from current user

I am using flow to launch flows from sharepoint as well as from PowerApps, from sharepoint it works perfectly and it sends emails from the mailbox of the person who created the flow itself, however when I use Flow.Run action in PowerApps to call a flow, and use Send email action, it uses the current user who was signed into PowerApps to send the email, so users are getting emails from themselves. Is there a way to change this behavior? Anything I need to do from the PowerApps side? 

5 REPLIES 5
Yeiner
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @BrittanyR I'm going to review this and I will let you know my findinds 

smileamile
Helper II
Helper II

@BrittanyR  What is your setup? I’ve been trying to find a way to get a flow triggered from the user who submits a form in a power app to a sharepoint list and an email sends to a shared inbox with the “from” being the user who submitted. 

Rhino21
Regular Visitor

I am having the exact same issue. I need this flow to send the email as the service account but it's sending it from the user account.

Sajidiin
Regular Visitor

Hi, any updates for this case ?

SSLV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysEoA-wv1k

This video shows how to set up a service account to run the workflow

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,558)