cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CesiaCruz

Flow connected in PowerApps is always receiving the first value of drop down

Hello

I have a SharePoint form customized with PowerApps. I have 3 custom cards with dropdowns that are connected to a SharePoint site. Those dropdowns are used as parameters from a flow that is triggered by a power apps button. The thing is  since July 27 there has been issues in the functionality of those dropdowns. When I trigger the flow it always passes the first item of the dropdowns even if I change the selected option.

I already tried to change the dropdowns to combo boxes so it would not be any default item selected but the flow doesn't trigger because it doesn't take any value even if I already selected one.

This process has been working well since 2 years ago but suddenly it started to fail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulD1
Super User
Super User

Looks like a bug quite a few are experiencing:

Solved: PA connected flow only passes the 1st value of dro... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.... 

Suggestion is to set a variable when the value in the drop down changes and reference that, rather than referencing the drop down itself.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaulD1
Super User
Super User

Does the Power Apps button that triggers the flow do anything else, such as resetting the form? Could this be a race condition where the form is reset (and the first item of each drop down is selected) before the Flow gets called? 

Although it was working fine before July 27, MS do change the behaviour of the platform regularly which can result in bugs and different behaviours within existing Apps.

Try using Monitor to see what is happening in what order in your App. If the App behaves differently in Studio compared to normal running, you can use Monitor to check what is happening in the published App (but only on Web, this doesn't work for mobile) by clicking the ... next to the App in the App list and choosing Monitor then once Monitor opens you can click 'Play Published App'.

Another thing to check is whether the App was republished on/about July 27. If so, this change in behaviour may be the result of publishing on a newer Power Apps release. You could try using Settings to set the authoring version back to an earlier version to see if that helps but it is a temporary fix as you can only choose to go back the last four or five releases, so if in a few weeks you need to make a minor change and republish you will no longer be able to select the 'working' Power Apps release.

I have quite a few Apps in use and have been surprised/shocked how often platform changes break Apps that have worked fine for years.

PaulD1
Super User
Super User

Looks like a bug quite a few are experiencing:

Solved: PA connected flow only passes the 1st value of dro... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.... 

Suggestion is to set a variable when the value in the drop down changes and reference that, rather than referencing the drop down itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,640)