cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow error when my App goes online and tries to transfer the data.

Hi guys,

I just implemented the offline capability in my app and while testing it I faced an error when the app tries to transfer the data to flow
Short overview of the app:

If an internet connection is established, transfer the data to flow (works fine)
If there is no connection established, put the data in a temporary collection. 
If the status of the internet connection changes, check if the temporary collection is empty, if it's not empty, transfer the data to flow (works fine)

Now the problem: When I close Power Apps and put my mobile device into flight mode I am able to execute the app, so far so good. I can make my inputs and when I am trying to transfer it, the data is stored in a temporary collection,
BUT: If I then switch my mobile device to online mode my app - as I want the app to do - tries to transfer the data to flow (because the connection.conneted status changes)
I get the error message <flowname>: For this service is no connection configured 
Obviously my app doesnt initialize the flow when it's started offline and because of that it's not able to transfer the data properly.
This problem also happens when I start the app offline and switch it to online before executing the flow...

Is there a possibility to "refresh" the flow connection?
Any help?

Edit: It seems like that error only occurs for users of the app, if I'm testing it with the owner's account on the mobile device it somehow works, but if I test it with an user account (who are working on test licences at the moment) it doesn't work...

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow error when my App goes online and tries to transfer the data.

Hi @julianhoewel_95 ,

You cannot refresh the connections inside flow, but you can rerun the flow after you are online. You can use a formula like this:

If(Connection.Connected,Flow.Run(...),false)

Also, try to vote one below idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Offline-Mode-Flow-Execution-Requests-from-M...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow error when my App goes online and tries to transfer the data.

Hi @julianhoewel_95 ,

You cannot refresh the connections inside flow, but you can rerun the flow after you are online. You can use a formula like this:

If(Connection.Connected,Flow.Run(...),false)

Also, try to vote one below idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Offline-Mode-Flow-Execution-Requests-from-M...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,858)