cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWilliams86
Microsoft
Microsoft

Flow failed even if timeout is caught ?

So I recently had a Flow alert me that it had failed.

After going in to the flow to find out at which point it failed I couldn't find a failure point. 

I did however see that one of my "For Each" had triggered it's parrallel branch that catches timeouts. 

Do actions in a parrallel branch that are marked to Run After Timeout marked as failures?

I feel like as long as my flow has a case that it succeeds in, even if it triggers a Timeout set of actions it still is a success.

4 REPLIES 4
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MWilliams86,

First of all, I'd like to notice you that you have posted your issue on the wrong channel. For Flow issue, please post in below forum in the future:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Boards/ct-p/MSFlowCommunity

Secondly, what is the configuration of your flow? If possible, please share the whole flow in screenshots here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I wasn't sure if this was a bug or working as intended. 

The issue can be seen here: 

Flow Error2.PNG

Neither of the apply to each has an actual ActionFailed marked, but it says an action failed. This may be true as the Role Manager Time Out Email is set to run after the Send Approval Email passes it's timeout period, which could be seen as that action technically failing, but since I have a case that handles that scenario, the flow itself hasn't actually failed. 

I'm just curious if this is working as intended?

I have the same problem.  But only if I set the timeout of the approval to more than 59 minutes.  If it is set to 59 minutes, the action in the parallel branch, to run in case of timeout runs, and the flow does not fail.  If however, the timeout of the approval is set to > 59 minutes, the flow fails after this period.  As I want to configure my flow to send an email if the approval is pending for a day, I cannot get it to work like this.  

Could this be a bug?

In my case the problem is solved (so no bug after all) Smiley Wink 

I was using Do Until to perform the action.  I overlooked the limits in do until, which are by default : 

Count : 60

Timeout: PT1H

I changed this to 

Count: 60

Timeout: P30D

No my flow works as expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,605)