cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow is only running in preview funktion (F5)

I have developed a small app with which my employees can submit a request and it is also possible to attach documents to the application.

For this purpose, two flows are started when sending the application, one flow for creating a PDF and one flow for saving attachments on Sharepoint.

With the preview function (F5) in the development interface everything works perfectly. But if I would call the app via Powerapps like the users would call the app, only the flow for creating the PDF is called! The app is not yet released. Does anyone have an idea where the error could be? 

BR
Frank

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Flow is only running in preview funktion (F5)

@QIX so, basically you want to trigger two flows on a button click. This can be achieved in two ways.

1. From canvas app (two flows can be called on a same button). Select the button and map the flows and proceed.
  2. Implementing Child Flow approach

What is the error you are receiving

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @krishnags,

exactly. Here ist the OnSelect code and that works in the preview (F5) very well.

MakePDF1.Run(PDFExport.HtmlText; "Antrag " & Benutzer & " " & Now()) & Navigate(Screen2; ScreenTransition.Fade);; ForAll(Gallery1.AllItems; Collect(colAttachsGallery;{Title:DateiName.Text; DataStream:ImgDataStream.Image}));; UploadtoSharepointFlow2.Run(JSON(colAttachsGallery;JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData); PDFExport.HtmlText; "Antrag " & Benutzer & " " & Now())

I receive no error. The only thing is, that the "UploadtoSharepointFlow2" flow will not run when I test the app.
When I go to my flows, I can see that the "MakePDF" flow runs without errors and the "UploadtoSharepointFlow2" flow was not started.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@QIX instead of adding the second flow on that button try adding OnVisible of  Screen2

UploadtoSharepointFlow2.Run(JSON(colAttachsGallery;JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData); PDFExport.HtmlText; "Antrag " & Benutzer & " " & Now())

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@krishnags just tried it, but the same result. Works fine with preview (F5) but do not start the "UploadtoSharepoint2" flow while starting via app.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

kinda weird. Try remapping the second flow to a button and try hitting it manually after the first flow got triggered to validate  (perform this in Play mode not in preview mode) if it works probably flow mapping issue with canvas app. You can proceed accordingly 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@krishnags

still more weird and maybe the reason tha your first idea is not working.

I just created a new button with the flow to test it. I saved it (same name as before) and leaved the developing area. I Starting the app in play mode (it says last changes 35s) and when it starts I don't see the changes I made. Same thing when I change only a lable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,233)