cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow notification when opens app

Hey Guys, is it possible to me (owner of app), receive a Notification or e-mail, when someone opens the App I created?

If it is, how can we achiev this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to receive an email when someone else open the app that you created?

Have you solved your problem?

I agree with @Jeff_Thorpe's thought almost, you could consider take a try to trigger a flow when opening your app, then within the flow, send an email to you.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Create a flow:4.JPG

Create an app:Test1.gif

Set the OnStart property of the first screen of your app to following formula:

'YourFlowName'.Run()

More details about triggering a flow from an app, please check the following article:

Start a flow from an app

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

You could create a PowerApps triggered Flow and add it to the OnStart property of the PowerApp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I thought it too, But, I am newbie in MS Flows and really don't know how and wich use 😞

*edit*

Actually I Could do it, and got it working right!!!

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to receive an email when someone else open the app that you created?

Have you solved your problem?

I agree with @Jeff_Thorpe's thought almost, you could consider take a try to trigger a flow when opening your app, then within the flow, send an email to you.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Create a flow:4.JPG

Create an app:Test1.gif

Set the OnStart property of the first screen of your app to following formula:

'YourFlowName'.Run()

More details about triggering a flow from an app, please check the following article:

Start a flow from an app

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,490)