cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunshineK
Helper II
Helper II

Footer -  How do I have icons set at equal distances?

Hi Team, 

Super new to Power Apps. 

As the subject states - How do I have icons set at equal distances in footer?

Currently I am doing by eye... poorly!

Also, I want to ensure that this changes with the width of a screen (I do have the footer component width set at App.Width) 

This is what is looks like: (I know its not even lol)

SunshineK_0-1621906043717.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @SunshineK 

Select them all, go to the Home tab, then select Align > Top  and then Align > Distribute Horizontally as below

WarrenBelz_0-1621908894867.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @SunshineK 

Select them all, go to the Home tab, then select Align > Top  and then Align > Distribute Horizontally as below

WarrenBelz_0-1621908894867.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks so much Warren 😌👍

Further to this - For each icon I want it to act like a button - so I have attempted to use OnSelect to navigate to the appropriate screen - example as above - 'ScreenHome'. 

My OnSelect formula is: 

SunshineK_0-1621918213892.png

And my settings are: 

AutoDisableOnSelect - false

DisplayMode - DisplayMode.Edit

Doesn't work - am I missing something?

Thank you 

For those stuck on a similar issue - I did eventually find the solution from another post in forum. 

A custom property needs to be created within the component to navigate screens and then needs to be applied to each screen which has this component. 

Seen here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/PowerApps-Tuesday-Tutorials-43-Compon... 

Cheers 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,292)