cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Footer text depends on the selection of the button in the main screen

I have a Main screen with 5 buttons. Each buttons have contains different PowerBI tile. Onclicking of each buttons its navigate to the displayTile screen. i have set the variable for PowerBI tile and i give that variable in the Tileurl. So depending upon the button selection Tile will display. So what i need here is if i Click the button SSM this will navigate to the DisplayTile Screen and show the SSM PowerBI tile.  additionally i have a footer with Textbox in the DisplayTile Screen. so if the Tile is SSM means footer text want to show the SSM and If the tile is MMC means footer text wants to show MMC. how to set the variable for this. From each button which shows a PowerBI Tile, need to pass a variable to the BITile screen to show the footer text.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Footer text depends on the selection of the button in the main screen

On each button's OnSelect property, set a variable. For example, for the SSM button:

OnSelect = Set(footerText, "SSM")

You may have other things in the OnSelect of these buttons. Just add this above code after a semicolon at the end of your existing code. 

Then wherever you want to display this footer, set the Text property of the label to this variable:

Text = footerText

Let me know if this helps or if I misunderstood your questions. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Footer text depends on the selection of the button in the main screen

On the OnSelect of each button, set a variable as shown below, for SSM button: 

OnSelect = Set(footerText, "SSM")

Similarly set the variable to appropriate values on other buttons. 

You may have existing code on the OnSelect of these buttons. Just add this code after a ; at the end of your existing code. 

Then whenever/wherever you want to show the footer text, set the Text property of the footer label to this variable:

Text = footerText

Let me know if this helps or if I misunderstood your questions. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,536)