cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SufiyanM
Regular Visitor

For Microsoft Flow (Free Version that comes with Office 365)

In the free plan, which comes with Office 365, what is the limit for:

• Number of times a flow can run within a month
  • Number of times a user can run a flow within a month

From what I understand from the below mail is, there is a limit of 750 runs in all for all the processes within the system. Please correct.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @SufiyanM ,

This question may be better answered by the experts on the Power Automate Community. I can tell you that the limit is cumulative across all users (not per user).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The Office 365 Power Automate License isn't the same thing as the Flow Free license.  There is actually a Free license that doesn't require Office 365.  What you are asking about is called the Office 365 "Seeded" license.  So be careful searching the Internet because this confusion will lead to incorrect information. 

Having said that, there is no specific monthly limit on the number of flows a user can run.  There is a limit on the number of API calls that can be made by a user within a 24 hour period.  For the Office "seeded" license you are limited to 2,000 API calls a day.  An individual Flow may require more than one API call.  There is no easy way at this point to find out how many API calls are made by a specific flow.  There used to be a monthly limit, but that was removed in October,2019 and replaced with the daily API limit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

What web site are you looking at?  If what you are reading is talking about Plan 1 and Plan 2 then it is out of date.  That was the licensing prior to October, 2019.  The licensing now is Free, Office 365 "seeded", Per User, and Per Flow.  Here's a current review of the licensing.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2019wave2/power-automate/new-licensing-...

API standards for "Application programming interface".  Basically its whenever the flow makes a call through a connector against a server.  As I mentioned, there really isn't an easy way at this point to get the number of API calls made by a specific flow.  Microsoft is still working on a utility to show that information to the user.  But based on historical patterns very few users run into that limit.

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @SufiyanM ,

This question may be better answered by the experts on the Power Automate Community. I can tell you that the limit is cumulative across all users (not per user).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The Office 365 Power Automate License isn't the same thing as the Flow Free license.  There is actually a Free license that doesn't require Office 365.  What you are asking about is called the Office 365 "Seeded" license.  So be careful searching the Internet because this confusion will lead to incorrect information. 

Having said that, there is no specific monthly limit on the number of flows a user can run.  There is a limit on the number of API calls that can be made by a user within a 24 hour period.  For the Office "seeded" license you are limited to 2,000 API calls a day.  An individual Flow may require more than one API call.  There is no easy way at this point to find out how many API calls are made by a specific flow.  There used to be a monthly limit, but that was removed in October,2019 and replaced with the daily API limit.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Kindly tell me what is an API call in Flow. Because on website it is mentioned that we are allowed 750 runs per month in Flow (Free Version). How is that related to an API call?

Also what is the API call limit in Flow (Free Version, Plan 1, Plan 2)

Much Appreciated.

What web site are you looking at?  If what you are reading is talking about Plan 1 and Plan 2 then it is out of date.  That was the licensing prior to October, 2019.  The licensing now is Free, Office 365 "seeded", Per User, and Per Flow.  Here's a current review of the licensing.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2019wave2/power-automate/new-licensing-...

API standards for "Application programming interface".  Basically its whenever the flow makes a call through a connector against a server.  As I mentioned, there really isn't an easy way at this point to get the number of API calls made by a specific flow.  Microsoft is still working on a utility to show that information to the user.  But based on historical patterns very few users run into that limit.

What are the flow or runs limit per user or organisation in the Office 365 Power Automate Free license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,048)