cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

ForAll function not giving delegation warning

Hello everyone, I am working hard to correct many of my PowerApps to avoid delegation problems and a doubt came to my mind.

I have seen in documentation + other threads that the ForAll function is not delegable. In my app I have something like this:

ForAll(Filter(Resource_Allocation; ResAlloc_Prj_ID = ComboBox1.Selected.ID And ResAlloc_Long = 0);
Collect(Alloc_Chart;{
Person_ID: ResAlloc_Res_ID;
Ini_Date: ResAlloc_Start;
End_Date: ResAlloc_End;
}))

Where Resource_Allocation is a SharePoint list. In this case I have no delegation warning! Should I be confident that this code will not have delegation problems?

Thank you for your feed back!

Claudia.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: ForAll function not giving delegation warning

Hey @clau0289 

If you are not getting any delegation warning, then you are good to go. You can update one of the setting just be more confident.

App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Data Row Limit for Non-Delegable queries -> 2000.

Also, sometimes the delegation warning occurs when you have a hierarchical level of dynamic content, which is not the case in your formula. Until your logical implementation is correct, the formula will work without any problem.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @clau0289 

If you are not getting any delegation warning, then you are good to go. You can update one of the setting just be more confident.

App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Data Row Limit for Non-Delegable queries -> 2000.

Also, sometimes the delegation warning occurs when you have a hierarchical level of dynamic content, which is not the case in your formula. Until your logical implementation is correct, the formula will work without any problem.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hello @yashag2255  thank you for your answer,

I don't think I will increase the number of delegable queries as I have noticed that it makes the app much slower.

I hope I can be confident with this, in any case I will double check when we get over the 500 records (it happen sooner o later).

Thank you again,

Claudia.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,767)