Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FoDelement
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

ForAll send email sending too many emails

Hello all!

I am having an issue with a "Forall" function and sending emails.

I am using a button to send an email with the data from each item in a gallery. To simplify things for testing, I am sending just a plain email with the a label as the subject. In the below attachment, you can see I get each email twice. I have tried both the V2 and V1 functions.

Any idea why? 🙂

Thank you

FoDelement_0-1595367181233.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @FoDelement ,

@ShantanuP mentioned this morning that if you disable formula level pre-fetching, it can mitigate an issue when duplicate emails are sent with the feature enabled.

Source: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/sending-an-email-to-multiple-users/m-p/63218...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @FoDelement ,

This is a bug and I have been involved in a number of similar posts.

ForAll and the Outlook connector seem to produce this result and I have not seen any solutions to date.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @FoDelement ,

@ShantanuP mentioned this morning that if you disable formula level pre-fetching, it can mitigate an issue when duplicate emails are sent with the feature enabled.

Source: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/sending-an-email-to-multiple-users/m-p/63218...

View solution in original post

Thanks @Mr-Dang-MSFT ,

I had not seen that one before.

FoDelement
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I can confirm this fixed it for me. I had to disabled it, and reload the app. Then it started working as expected!

Thank you guys!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirming that I have the same issue (appeared to start in the last week or two) and disabling formula-level prefetching solved it. 

@Mr-Dang-MSFT   @ShantanuP  is this a bug that we can expect to be resolved at some point? Wondering if/when I'd be able to turn prefetching back on.

@Anonymous , Yes definitely. We will fix this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,816)