cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomirvine
Frequent Visitor

Force PowerApp Permission Popup

Hi there,

I have a published app to users that has a connection to SharePoint On-Prem 2013. The app works perfectly for myself and new users. The app collects data on a form and submits it to a SharePoint list.

It stops working for users who have had access to the app prior to a SharePoint password change.

What I need to do, is somehow prompt those users to edit their SharePoint login credentials for the PowerApp, perhaps by prompting the permissions popup again. When trying to clear all browser saved passwords/cache/etc the app still opens directly without this popup again. How can I fix this please?

2020-05-06 10_39_59-Window.png

Regards,
Tom

4 REPLIES 4
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Tom,

You should be able to force this by deleting the connector and adding it again. It should force an API refresh and it should get everyone back on the same page. Give that a try and see if it starts working for you again. If you are still having issues after that you can always create a Microsoft Support request. I'll include a link on how to do that below; If any other communities members might know feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tomirvine
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply @alrez ,

Deleting the connector will force the permission popup for myself the next time I open the app, however not for my end-users. A temporary fix was removing the app from the cloud and republishing it, but I don't want to do that every time...

I'll proceed with creating a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support.

burrisca
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any word on this from customer support?

chapadlo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @Tomirvine 

do you have any news on this topic? Did Microsoft support help you? 

I have similar issue and I would appreciate any help in this case 🙂 

And I actually don't know, how to fix this issue 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,071)