Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnc222
Helper II
Helper II

Force dropdown selection based on another

Hello all, 

Been hitting this app kind of hard lately - ran into another issue and its quite possibly my logic here. Want the App dropdown "B211INBOUND" to check if there is already a value on the B211 "Spot" and if there is - force the B211OUTBOUND to auto-populate that for the user so they cant 'accidentally' spot two railcars at the same time in my app. Added some screenshots to help understand. Hoping maybe my logic below is just .. off

johnc222_0-1617823456208.png

If(!IsBlank(LookUp('374 Staged', Status.Value = "FULL" )),
    Switch(
        B211OUTBOUND.Selected.Railcar, LookUp('374 Staged', Track = "B211", Railcar),
        B211OUTBOUND.Selected.Railcar = Railcar
    ),
    //Patch('374 MECL',
        //LookUp('374 MECL', Railcar = B211INBOUND.Selected.Railcar),
        //{Spot: {Value: "B211-1"}}
    //),
    !IsBlank(B211INBOUND.Selected.Railcar),
    Patch('374 Staged',
        LookUp('374 Staged', Track = "B211-1"),
        {Railcar:B211INBOUND.Selected.Railcar,
    );
    Patch('374 MECL',
        LookUp('374 MECL', Railcar = B211INBOUND.Selected.Railcar),
        {Spot: {Value: "B211-1"}}
    )
);

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@johnc222 

You will need to set this in the Default property (Dropdown) or the DefaultSelectedItems property (combobox).

I don't recall if you mentioned before the Items property of that control, but it would be based on that and the Record you are editing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Tried to add the following - but i am getting an error for Default - previously it was just ""

Filter('374 Staged', Track = "B211-1", Railcar)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,456)