Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Force field to become blank based on another field's value

Hi All,

Please refer this screenshot below. 

I want the field Published to stay empty if field Report Type = Data Extract.

Default formula of published field is shown below, but the issue is that it keeps the old value, do i also need to use RESET along with DEFAULT to achieve this?

Wouldn't it be duplicating efforts and inefficient?

GauravG_0-1611509080503.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@GauravG 
Change the Default property of the Published dropdown to this code.  The dropdown will now show as blank when the control is reset.

Blank()

Then use this code in the OnChange property of Report type to conditionally reset the Published dropdown when the value selected is 'Data Extract'.

If(Self.Selected.Value="Data Extract", Reset(Dropdown_Published))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@mdevaney Your suggestion worked well for a single field.

For multiple fields, i changed the RESET property to respective fields to true when Report Type is Data Extract using IF condition. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@GauravG 
Change the Default property of the Published dropdown to this code.  The dropdown will now show as blank when the control is reset.

Blank()

Then use this code in the OnChange property of Report type to conditionally reset the Published dropdown when the value selected is 'Data Extract'.

If(Self.Selected.Value="Data Extract", Reset(Dropdown_Published))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@mdevaney Thanks, it did work.

Can you please confirm if this would work even for controls that are text boxes and date pickers and not just combo box (this Published field was a combo box)?

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@mdevaney It did not work for another field "Current Report Owner". This field searched employees across AD. and still shows employee name despite default being blank and reset set as advised on this field

GauravG_0-1611511525122.png

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@mdevaney Your suggestion worked well for a single field.

For multiple fields, i changed the RESET property to respective fields to true when Report Type is Data Extract using IF condition. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (23,965)