Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsparks
Helper V
Helper V

Force tablet app to display in "canvas size" rather than "window size" to user

When opening my tablet app, it sits off centre like so:

rsparks_0-1606102007557.png

But selecting "canvas size" while in preview mode helps it display correctly (centred). How can I permanently force setting on?

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@rsparks,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to make your tablet app centered of the current screen?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, do you open this app from your ipad or the browser?
If you want to force the tablet app to keep "canvas size", I am afraid that there is no way to achieve this directly.

As an alternative solution,  navigate to File → App settings → Screen size + orientation and then scroll down to Advanced Settings. Toggle the setting Scale to fit so it’s turned off if it hasn’t been so. That activated the ability to create responsive apps and access those required information. 

Go to the "File" and select the settings under Experimental Features and check if this is turned on - if so, turn it off.

15.png

Further, I think the following blog could help you configure your tablet app:

https://lennartwoermer.de/2019/07/how-to-build-responsive-powerapps/ 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-properties-for-responsive-canvas-apps/ 

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,031)