cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmaasz
Level: Powered On

Form Data source errors when selecting an item from a gallery

I have a function querying certain fields in my app to select a specific sharepoint list. The data is then collected and the collection displayed in a gallery. The gallery leads to a 3rd page where a specific item chosen from the gallery is to be shown in a form. The 'Item' field in this form is set to GalleryName.Selected. I do however have an error on the form 'Item' field as follows:

Invalid Formula. Expected value with compatible 'DataSource'.

This worked perfectly until recently. And I can't find the issue. Is there some update on sharepoint that was made.

If I set the item selected as a variable, the entire record is captured, but I cant display it in the form.

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Form Data source errors when selecting an item from a gallery

Hi @gmaasz 

Can you please confirm the Data Source that you are using? I am guessing that is because you have used an invalid data source on your edit form.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
gmaasz

It is a SharePoint list

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @gmaasz 

Please make sure that you Gallery control and Edit form have the same data source, i.e. they both are pointing to same SP list. 
I carried out a test on my side and this error popped up when data sources are different on both the controls.

If you are using the same SP list, then make sure that the items property of gallery and  Data Source of Edit Form have the same attributes selected in the controls. If you need more clarity on this, please share the expression on items property of your gallery control and DataSource of the Edit Form.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
gmaasz

So here is the thing. My function dynamically choses a datasource, and then collects the results. The collection is displayed in my gallery, and when I select an item from the gallery, the app wants to use a datasource to get the information, instead of my collection.

As i mentioned this worked until a few weeks ago. So i can't see what the problem is.

So I have various lists, lets call them A, B and C.

Based on certain inputs, a collection is made of either list A, B or C. The information is collected perfectly. Now I display the collection, 'SearchResults', in my gallery. 

1.JPG

When I select the item, it takes me to a new page with a form having the following properties:

Item - SearchGallery1.Selected, which provides the following error:

"Invalid Formula. Expected a value compatible with 'DataSource'.

So the form wants to choose a datasource, but has to choose the collection as its source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,985)