cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Form Submission On an user

Hi

I want to create a form in which a custom user  gives inputs and when he clicks submit button ,the entered values in he form Should submit against database.

Current Approach:I  have 3 text boxes and one Button ,When i enter the text and click on a submit button it should  populate the values inside the database.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Form Submission On an user

@saikiran
Can you please clarify two things for me?

1. What is meant by “Custom User”

2. How would the form look/behave differently from how it is now. Screenshots would be helpful.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Lets consider  this ,

An empty form with following fields

Name,JoiningDate ,manager

When i enter the above  details from a form it should save to Database when i click on a button.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@saikiran
Are you just looking for the code to submit the form? If those controls are in and Edit Form You can use this code in the OnSelect property of your button.

SubmitForm(your_form_name);

If they are not in a form put this code in the OnSelect property. Change the fieldnames to match your datasource and the control names to match your controls.

Patch(
your_datasource_name,
Defaults(your_datasource_name),
{
fieldname1: TextInput_Employee.Text,
fieldname2: TextInput_Manager.Text,
fieldname3: TextInput_Department.Text,
fieldname4: DatePicker_Date.SelectedDate
}
)

——
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

@saikiran 

@saikiran wrote (emphasis added):

...  gives inputs and when he clicks submit button ,the entered values in he form Should submit against database.

... When i enter the text and click on a submit button it should  populate the values inside the database.

You refer to "the database" and "submit against database".

What is this "database" to which you are referring exactly?

Also, if the database is Common Data Service, what is the Entity you are trying to "submit against"?

If the data source is something else, please provide the relevant details.  

We would suggest you post more detail regarding what is your current data source on the PowerApp.

If you do not currently have a data source, that is part of your problem.

Without a data source, you would have nothing to submit against.

You would go to "Data Sources" (use database looking icon on left) and add a data source.

Then go to select the form and under "Data source", choose the data source you just added under "In your app".

InYourApp.png

We recommend Common Data Service as the data source.

Also, you can do this another way:  go to select the form directly from your screen where the form is, and under "Data source" you can choose the data source from there to add under "Entities" or "Connectors".

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,652)