cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schenley
Frequent Visitor

Form Tab Index jumps to date fields and back

I'm adding forms to my add to allow users to add records to the tables.  I add in the fields from the data source, hit play, use the Tab key to move through them - and they go in this order:

schenley_0-1654105462306.png

This is without making any changes.  I have not altered the tab index values from 0, I did not rearrange the fields after adding them, all of the Y values look as they should (for the default Z-shaped tab order that I expect).  Both forms I've created in this app so far demonstrate this same behavior, where it jumps down to a date field and then back up to where I expected it to go next. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
schenley
Frequent Visitor

Aha. 

• "In Preview mode when editing an app, the control order is not updated for performance reasons. The order will be correct when the app is published and run."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/accessible-apps-structure

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schenley
Frequent Visitor

Aha. 

• "In Preview mode when editing an app, the control order is not updated for performance reasons. The order will be correct when the app is published and run."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/accessible-apps-structure

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,318)