Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tagustin2020
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Form Validation : ComboBox Question

@RandyHayes 

Hello Randy,

I'm back to working on my Shipping app today. I noticed a glitch on the first form screen. The Next button is disabled until I choose either "Yes" or "Not Applicable" from the Project Number? dropdown control. Once I do that, the button activates even though I haven't yet selected something from the Cost Center drop down control which of course is a replacement of the dropdown that was previously there. Setting the data card's Required property to true isn't making a difference. 

The DisplayMode property of the Next icon is:

If(frmRequestor.Valid,DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.Disabled)

I looked at the Tool Design Center app which has similar form controls to see if we did anything different there, but I didn't see any additional formulas. Can you help me figure out what I am missing?

Thank you,

Teresa

NextButton.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TheRobRush 

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I don't know why .valid isn't enough, but maybe it is owing to combo box control quirkiness. At any rate I was able to get the behavior I needed by adding additional logic to the Next button DisplayMode property. 

If(ddProjNumYN.Selected.Value="Not Applicable" && IsBlank(txtValueDept.Text) || (ddProjNumYN.Selected.Value="Yes" && IsBlank(txtValueProjectName.Text) || (ddProjNumYN.Selected.Value="Yes" && IsBlank(txtValueDept.Text))), DisplayMode.Disabled,DisplayMode.Edit)

Thanks for jumping in to help. I really appreciate you and everyone in the Power Apps Community who is so generous in sharing their time and knowledge. Have a great day!

Teresa

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TheRobRush
Power Participant
Power Participant

Do you have the Cost Center Data cards required property set to true, as shown below?

TheRobRush_0-1624740023351.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!
TheRobRush
Power Participant
Power Participant

Nevermind just read that you had tried setting the requirement already. 

If this is a COPY PASTE of an old form, I would probably to rebuild it from scratch if it is not behaving as intended. Sometimes forms can be super finicky when being duplicated then changed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!
tagustin2020
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@TheRobRush 

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the Cost Center field is set to Required and this is not a copy/paste of a different form control or combo box. I was just looking at the other app for clues as to what might fix this strange issue. I can still try rebuilding the form from scratch though since there aren't too many fields. Maybe it is just a bug. I have to run to the grocery now, but I'll let you know how it turns out as soon as I can give the rebuild a try.

Have a nice evening,

Teresa

@TheRobRush 

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I don't know why .valid isn't enough, but maybe it is owing to combo box control quirkiness. At any rate I was able to get the behavior I needed by adding additional logic to the Next button DisplayMode property. 

If(ddProjNumYN.Selected.Value="Not Applicable" && IsBlank(txtValueDept.Text) || (ddProjNumYN.Selected.Value="Yes" && IsBlank(txtValueProjectName.Text) || (ddProjNumYN.Selected.Value="Yes" && IsBlank(txtValueDept.Text))), DisplayMode.Disabled,DisplayMode.Edit)

Thanks for jumping in to help. I really appreciate you and everyone in the Power Apps Community who is so generous in sharing their time and knowledge. Have a great day!

Teresa

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,632)