cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Form Will let me Submit, but wont let me edit After

Hello Everyone, 

I am building a Customized PowerApps form with SharePoint integration and it giving me issues. 

After I submit the form, I try going back and edit the data but it wont let me save it. I have my "Submit" form so it only lets the user submit if the info on the form is valid (All requirements are met). For some reason this will allow me to submit the initial form, but wont let me edit after.

On my Submit Button i have the below syntax for the OnSelect Property...

SubmitForm(Form1)

Below is the formula I entered on the DisplayMode property of the button to have it not be enabled unless the form (Form1) is valid.

If(Form1.Valid,DisplayMode.Edit,Disabled)

The form shows as valid when starting from scratch from the SharePoint list, but when trying to edit, the button wont allow me to save and wont give me an error message.

Any help with this matter would be very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@00236123 

If it is not enabled (as per your formula), then the form is not valid.

Validity of a form is based on only the following: If a datacard (field) is marked as required, then the Update property of that datacard MUST be producing a value.  If the Update is not producing a value, then it will not be valid.

So...look at your required fields in the form and see if you have made any changes to the update properties that might be impacting the above.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

Forgot to add this picture of the Button, 

00236123_0-1663270178543.png

I have placed a label on the left side to show the validation of the form. This is for an already existing entry but somehow when you try to edit it, its set as false (Not valid), like it is missing a requirement. Not letting me or the user save any changes.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@00236123 

If it is not enabled (as per your formula), then the form is not valid.

Validity of a form is based on only the following: If a datacard (field) is marked as required, then the Update property of that datacard MUST be producing a value.  If the Update is not producing a value, then it will not be valid.

So...look at your required fields in the form and see if you have made any changes to the update properties that might be impacting the above.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Thank you @RandyHayes,

Based on your info, I was able to look for any hidden values that were required for the form to work. Found one that was not supposed to be required, changed it and now the form work correctly. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,449)