Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NareshTakashi
Helper I
Helper I

Form created for SharePoint List using PowerApps shows blank

Hi all,

Been banging my head against this issue.

Fairly simple, I have a Sharepoint List (created in Microsoft List if that matters) and I have created a new Form for a more user friendly interface via PowerApps (PowerApps > 'Customize form' option). The Form saves fine in PowerApps, I publish and go back to the SharePoint List click on the 'New' button to add a new row entry but I am getting a blank screen where the Form should be.

Exactly the behavior seen in the following requests made by other members previously ...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Sharepoint-List-Form-customized-in-PowerApps...

@Anonymous 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Sharepoint-list-form-customized-in-PowerApps-is-not-showing-and/td-p/703360

@CARLOS_R 

I have tried clearing the PowerApps settings and browser cache, to no avail.

Does anyone have a solution? Would really appreciate it!

1 REPLY 1
NareshTakashi
Helper I
Helper I

So, I had an inkling that its permissions. I created another SharePoint list, this time in another SharePoint site that I am an owner for and created a Form which low and behold worked.

Microsoft Lists creates the Sharepoint List somewhere hidden in my OneDrive. For me it just doesn't play well with PowerApps, even though I have full rights on that list and the Form can connect to that SharePoint List from PowerApps. Looks like the Sharepoint List can't 'call/generate' the Form created.

Hope this helps someone, would love to hear any thoughts from anyone out there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,646)