cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
federicoleal
Microsoft
Microsoft

Form customization takes too long! Any ideas for increasing efficiency?

Hi all,

I'm changing the look and feel for my app, but I'm having trouble customizing forms as there is no multiple control selection (as they are all separated among Data cards). Therefore I have to select one control at a time, and change one property at a time, for 20 screens (1 form per screen, average 5 controls per form).

This will take forever and is not resilient to changes (if there's a change in a Data Card I'd have to do it all again for that control).

Any ideas to be more efficient updating the the look and feel of forms? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @federicoleal ,

I share the frustration that your employer has caused with this oversight (a styling brush from Word/Excel would have done the job very nicely).

Tip #2 from matthewdevaney.com  @mdevaney may be of assistance, but I always take the "pain" at my first design and update settings on everything from colours on all elements to fonts/sizes/weights and some positioning on Variables set at App OnStart, so all are very easy to change.

You can also look at Components, but that is not going to assist with your current situation much.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @federicoleal ,

I share the frustration that your employer has caused with this oversight (a styling brush from Word/Excel would have done the job very nicely).

Tip #2 from matthewdevaney.com  @mdevaney may be of assistance, but I always take the "pain" at my first design and update settings on everything from colours on all elements to fonts/sizes/weights and some positioning on Variables set at App OnStart, so all are very easy to change.

You can also look at Components, but that is not going to assist with your current situation much.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @federicoleal ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,972)