cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Form - default mode: new - no item to display

Hi All,

I have a canvass app that requires user to add attachment when creating a SharePoint list item.

I have a screen (screen_newform) that is basically for creating the list item only. The screen has dropdowns/textinput and for each dropdown/textinput, there is one assigned variable to it. Basically onChange of the dropdown/textinput, it updates the variable assigned to it ex dropdown1 = variable1.

I also have Edit Form on the same screen and its default mode is set to New. Whatever the value of the variable, it will update the field on this form. All fields on this form are hidden except for Attachments control which the user use when attaching files. I also have a button that submits the form so the list item is created in sharepoint and code to navigate to main form or dashboard.

The issue is when I create a list item and navigate to the screen_newform again to create another list item, the form is displaying "no item to display". I am expecting to see the attachment control here so I can create a new list item.

Thanks in advanced.

before.pngafter.png

Edit: Setting it to NewForm(screen_newform) fixes this issue. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lym ,

Firstly, let me explain why this problem appears:

an edit form has there modes: New, Edit and View.

If the form's mode is New, no need to set the form's Item.

If the form's mode is Edit or View, you need to set the form's Item. Or else, the form will display "No item to display".

Please notice that: no matter what the form's defaultmode is, after you submit the form, the form's mode will change back to Edit.

So in your issue, after you submit the new form, the form's mode change to edit. Since you did not set the form's Item, so it display as "No item to display".

The solution:
When you navigate to the new form screen, set the forms' mode to New.

set the button's OnSelect: (which is used to navigate to the screen_newform again to create another list item)

Navigate(Screenname);NewForm(Form1);NewForm(Form2);....
//NewForm is used to change the form's mode to New, no matter what the form's defaultmode is

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lym ,

Firstly, let me explain why this problem appears:

an edit form has there modes: New, Edit and View.

If the form's mode is New, no need to set the form's Item.

If the form's mode is Edit or View, you need to set the form's Item. Or else, the form will display "No item to display".

Please notice that: no matter what the form's defaultmode is, after you submit the form, the form's mode will change back to Edit.

So in your issue, after you submit the new form, the form's mode change to edit. Since you did not set the form's Item, so it display as "No item to display".

The solution:
When you navigate to the new form screen, set the forms' mode to New.

set the button's OnSelect: (which is used to navigate to the screen_newform again to create another list item)

Navigate(Screenname);NewForm(Form1);NewForm(Form2);....
//NewForm is used to change the form's mode to New, no matter what the form's defaultmode is

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,861)