cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicojum

Form dropdown not submitting

Hello,

There's plenty of topics regarding the matter but I couldn't work out a solution, so here comes my support request; 

I  have an app that uses sharepoint as a database. App is used to write hours for work done to the customers. Picture attached (form).

nicojum_0-1634035074317.png

Form's datacards are columns from this sharepoint. (Name, Date, Customer, Workdone, Project, TotalHours).

I use submit button to submit reported hours back to sharepoint. Submit button - ''OnSelect'' SubmitForm(Form2).

I've deleted original Customer datacard from form and added manually a dropdown so that Customer can be selected from sharepoint column options (hundreds of customers).

Customer dropdown linked to sharepoint via Items - Distinct('Time tracking', Customer) code.

Problem:

However, when I submit the form - everything else is saved to the sharepoint but this dropdown data is not transferred. I read many articles on this and watched videos but can't understand how this should be coded. 

As I've deleted original datacard, should there be a code that says ''if original datacard value is empty, use selected dropdown2 value etc.). And if this would be the solution, Could somebody be helpful and advice how to write this.

Appreciate the support as I've hit a brick wall.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @nicojum ,

Assuming this is a Text field you are writing back to, the Update of the Data Card containing the drop-down would be

Dropdown2.Selected.Result

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @nicojum ,

Assuming this is a Text field you are writing back to, the Update of the Data Card containing the drop-down would be

Dropdown2.Selected.Result

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,669)