cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreaves1
Helper I
Helper I

Form entry still appear after submitting the form

Hey, I've created a form in power apps for my team. The form has a SharePoint list as the data source. Sometimes when I submit the form the information populates to the SharePoint list, but the data I entered still appears on the form as if it didn't submit. This causes people to hit the submit button several times thinking their entry didn't enter which causes multiple items. What can I do to save this issue?

dreaves1_0-1598636901327.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi@dreaves1,

No matter the NewForm() function or the Reset() function, it will always change your form to the original default mode. For example, there so many ComboBoxes within your form, the DefaultSelectedItems property you set for these ComboBoxes will directly determine how the data will be displayed after it is reset. 

If you set the DefaultSelectedItems to a specific value, it will always display it after it is reset, so as all of the controls within your form.

I know that you want to clear the field once you submit the form, so you should set the Default or DefaultSelectedItems of these controls within your form.

As an example, for a TextInput control, you should set the Default property as below:

""

For a ComboBox, you should set the DefaultSelectedItems property as below:

[]

For a DatePicker, do the same to DefaultDate property as below:

""

And for the Time Dropdown, you can set the Default property as below:

""

Set the OnSelect property of the Submit Button as below:

SubmitForm(EditForm1);ResetForm(EditForm1)

Check the following Gif.

0901Gif2.gif

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Danny_L
Helper III
Helper III

On the Submit button, choose OnSelect and do ResetForm(Form#) and that should clear it after submission. Form # is whatever your Form # is labeled.

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@dreaves1,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to reset the Form1 after submission?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Please try the set the OnSuccess property of the EditForm1 as below:

NewForm(Form1)

The NewForm() function makes the form populated with default values and the user can modify the values of the fields. 

More details you check the following article for details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-form

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

After I submit my information into the form, I want to make sure the field clear afterwards.

Hi@dreaves1,

No matter the NewForm() function or the Reset() function, it will always change your form to the original default mode. For example, there so many ComboBoxes within your form, the DefaultSelectedItems property you set for these ComboBoxes will directly determine how the data will be displayed after it is reset. 

If you set the DefaultSelectedItems to a specific value, it will always display it after it is reset, so as all of the controls within your form.

I know that you want to clear the field once you submit the form, so you should set the Default or DefaultSelectedItems of these controls within your form.

As an example, for a TextInput control, you should set the Default property as below:

""

For a ComboBox, you should set the DefaultSelectedItems property as below:

[]

For a DatePicker, do the same to DefaultDate property as below:

""

And for the Time Dropdown, you can set the Default property as below:

""

Set the OnSelect property of the Submit Button as below:

SubmitForm(EditForm1);ResetForm(EditForm1)

Check the following Gif.

0901Gif2.gif

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,096)