cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form field values disappear when navigating between screens

Hi, I am currently facing an issue with my PowerApps. I have a few dropdown lists and yes/no controls in my APP which have to be filled in before users can submit the form. Before they can submit the form, they will first have click the "Submit" button which will nagivate to the second screen (Scoreboard) to know their score. However, whenever I click the "Submit" button to navigate to the scoreboard, all my fields get cleared and the score becomes 0%. This only happens when I navigate between the screens for the first time. If I return to the home page and get to the form again, this error happens again.

Can anyone help me with this? Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Elephant-Ash
Level: Powered On

Re: Form field values disappear when navigating between screens

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm only taking a guess here... I have an App where I do want the form to clear everytime the screen is changed.

To achieve this for me I set the screen's "On Visible" to ResetForm(Form1) - this then clears the form everytime I navigae to the form. I'm not sure if you could check to ensure that this parameter is not active in your case?

We may also need to see what function your submit button is performing? Could there be something you have written here that is clearing data and not just calculating the score for the next screen?

Good luck, cheers,

EA

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Elephant-Ash
Level: Powered On

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm only taking a guess here... I have an App where I do want the form to clear everytime the screen is changed.

To achieve this for me I set the screen's "On Visible" to ResetForm(Form1) - this then clears the form everytime I navigae to the form. I'm not sure if you could check to ensure that this parameter is not active in your case?

We may also need to see what function your submit button is performing? Could there be something you have written here that is clearing data and not just calculating the score for the next screen?

Good luck, cheers,

EA

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you very much for your response. I have solved the issue by removing "Delayed Load" in the APP settings.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,583)