cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Form gets cleared when navigating between screens

I have an app with several screens, each with a form with multiple fields. When clicking to navigate to the next screen, the form fields are all cleared, and then the navigation occurs. If the user clicks back to view that form, the fields are all empty.

Note, this only happens the first time. If the user fills in the form again, and then clicks to navigate to the next screen again, the fields retain their values.

Some fields are using dynamic visibility, and some are using a variable to determine whether or not they are required.

This does not happen while in preview mode, and only happens while viewing the published version of the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Form gets cleared when navigating between screens

This is apparently a bug with the "Use Delayed Load" feature. After turning off "Use Delayed Load", the form-clearing issue doesn't happen.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

(Bump) Any thoughts on this? Am I missing some key concept/detail? The fact that the form clears on navigate seems like a pretty big issue. As I documented here, this issue is reproducable using the app built by the Wizard when connecting to a SharePoint list, so it doesn't seem to have anything to do with any logic I've added to the form.

Certainly, navigating to another screen and not losing data that the user has entered is a supported scenario?

edit: this only happens when a record is specified in the "item" property of the form. So the form is set to have a default mode of "new", which should ignore the item property. But navigating away from the screen clears the controls if the item property has a value, but does not clear the controls if the item property does not have a value.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This is apparently a bug with the "Use Delayed Load" feature. After turning off "Use Delayed Load", the form-clearing issue doesn't happen.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,665)