Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MShelnutt
Helper IV
Helper IV

Form is blank when in Play

@RandyHayes 

I followed your instructions for the video on YouTube- https://youtu.be/2E4FXNPLVXw 

However, when I go to test the form by pressing Play, my form is blank on the first page.  The DisplayMode is set to FinalForm.Mode, and the FinalForm's DisplayMode is on Edit- like your video.

Upon launch, it just says "Getting your data..."

MShelnutt_0-1616687209319.png

This is what it should look like-

MShelnutt_1-1616687333965.png

FinalForm-

MShelnutt_2-1616687520378.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@MShelnutt 

You can't do it there! 

It appears your app is ONLY concerned with creating records and not editing them - is that a safe assumption? 

If so, move the function, Set(varFormData, Defaults('Receiving Checklist')  to the OnStart of the App.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@MShelnutt 

You have NO Item property in your form.  It will show nothing until it has an Item.

In looking at your final form Item property, it appears that you have a varFormData variable that you storing the record in, varFormData should be the Item property of all of your other forms except the final form.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

I added it to the first Form's Item property, and still same issue- "No item to display"

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@MShelnutt 

How and where are you setting varFormData?

@RandyHayes 

In the OnSelect property of the "Next" button on the first Form-

MShelnutt_0-1616688661713.png

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@MShelnutt 

You can't do it there! 

It appears your app is ONLY concerned with creating records and not editing them - is that a safe assumption? 

If so, move the function, Set(varFormData, Defaults('Receiving Checklist')  to the OnStart of the App.

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes 

I changed this- makes logical sense.  

However, it did not fix the issue.  I saved the app, closed it out and relaunched-

MShelnutt_0-1616689105051.png

MShelnutt
Helper IV
Helper IV

@RandyHayes 

Never mind.  That did solve the problem.  I forgot I had not yet published the changes.  When I went back into Edit mode, and selected play, it is working now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (4,309)