cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Form not displaying. Can't find the reason.

I have an approval app where a user clicks on an Approve button.  When they do, it runs NewForm(Form1), and navigates to another page where the form is supposed to display.  It doesn't display/ is empty.  The defaultmode is set to Edit, the Items is set to Gallery1.selected, and the datasource is set to Requests.  All correct.  I know I'm missing something, but just can't recall what it is I'm doing wrong.  Please help me jog my memory.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

If you using NewForm(Form1) that means the default mode isn't being used and the form mode is new. A form in new mode doesn't use the item property. Why are you using NewForm(Form1) instead of EditForm(Form1)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

@Jeff_Thorpe,

Not really sure why I used NewForm, it's been a while since I first built the app.  I tried EditForm, but it didn't make a difference. 

Highlighted

Don't know why the one form wasn't displaying.  Made it into 2 forms (one view, one edit), and it's working.  Not really a "solution", but it works.

Hi @lumberjacklurch ,

If you set the form's mode to NewForm, the form will display empty value, which is used to create a new record.

If you set the form's mode to EditForm or ViewForm, you need to set the form's Item to one spefic record, which is used to edit/view an existing record. In this situation, if you do not set the Item property, the form will display "No item to display".

So, you need to firstly decide you want to do what with the form. To edit?To create a new one? To view a record?

And then set the right mode based on your demands.

Here's a doc about form's mode for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

@v-yutliu-msft

Thank you for the reply.  I've abandoned using this particular form.  I don't know why it wasn't working.  Maybe because it had view-only and edit elements in the same form (although that shouldn't be a problem).  I've split it into 2  forms, one for the view-only elements, and one for the editable elements.  Seems to be working better now.

Highlighted

So, apparently, using two forms isn't a good strategy.  It makes updating things much more complicated.  So,  I'm back to the one form.  Still don't understand why it isn't becoming visible.  All elements/datacards of the form have their Visible property set to Partent.Visible.  I set the form's Visible property to True, but it still won't show up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,753)