cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Form not displaying selected item from gallery

I have a gallery that has a filter on it and when i select a record that i searched for, the view form and editform is not displaying the records details.

In the item properpty I have:

TemplateGalleryList1.Selected

The filter on the gallery is:

Filter(
AddColumns('Digital Skills',"Present",Sum(ForAll(Split(TextInput3.Text," "),If(IsBlank(Find(Result,Lower(Key_x0020_Skills_x0020_2))),0,1)),Value)),
Present=CountRows(Split(TextInput3.Text," "))
)

If there is no filter, the forms display fine, so i suspect it has something to do with the filter.  Any suggestions on how i can fix this?

thanks

Alistair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @neill_long,

When you modify the datasource of a gallery by filtering, adding columns, etc.  it is no longer identical to the datasource in the View and Edit forms.  To get around that problem you need to change the Item property in the View and Edit forms to be more specific. You would use Lookup('Digital Skills', ID=TemplateGalleryList1.Selected.ID) instead of just TemplateGalleryList1.Selected.   

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @neill_long,

When you modify the datasource of a gallery by filtering, adding columns, etc.  it is no longer identical to the datasource in the View and Edit forms.  To get around that problem you need to change the Item property in the View and Edit forms to be more specific. You would use Lookup('Digital Skills', ID=TemplateGalleryList1.Selected.ID) instead of just TemplateGalleryList1.Selected.   

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alistair,

Looks like you are trying to do a lot in the add columns, looking at the Filter which I agree looks like the issue, I would try and throw that whole segment of code into a collection and see what comes back.

Then start breaking up the formula into sections to test what works and what does not. Due to the complexity I cannot replecate what you're trying to achieve without seeing more information.

Thanks @Drrickryp worked great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,436)