I have 2 entities in D365 "Care Cards" and "Opportunities". I have a field in Care Cards called "Project" that is a lookup field pointing at the Opportunities entity.
This is the form from D365 which I want to replicate in PowerApps:
Details of Project field from D365:
I want to create a form in PowerApps with Care Cards as the data source. Where I am having a problem is with the PowerApps form, it is not saving the lookup field to D365.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Form-not-saving-to-Dynamics-when-using-lookup... I have tried using the solution from this link but can't get it to work correctly.
I have added the 2 available Project fields to the edit form:
For the Project dropdown field I have set Update to blank and SelectMultiple is false:
For the Project GUID field I have set Default to the selected value from the Project dropdown and for Update I have added a Value() function to the Text:
When I submit the form it will submit without any error but the Project lookup field will not save, however the text fields do save correctly.
I think the problem may be with the Update property, I don't know if the Value function is the correct thing to use.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Note: I have changed the settings "Use column display names" and "Use GUID data types instead of strings" to off.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @PowerAppBCS ,
Do you want to save entities’ look up field?
I think you can change the project’s data card’s update property to :
LookUp(Table_Oppotunities,Project = DataCardValue3.Selected.Project) (DataCardValue3 is my project’s data card name,you should change to yours)
I test as next:
Hope this can be helpful.
I tried using a LookUp function for the update property but couldn't get it to work.
I'll just run through how I have the edit form set up and it may be clearer what I'm doing wrong:
On my edit form I have 4 fields. 3 text and 1 lookup.
Initially lookup field is not pointing to correct data:
To sort this I changed the primary text and search field:
The edit form now functions as I want it to but when I go to save the form I first get this error:
And then this error on the submit form:
The 2 errors are "There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid." and "Expected dataEntityRecord for navigation column"
Thanks for your help.
Check it out!
Check it out!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Find out where you can attend!
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand