cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form not showing data filled from combobox

I have created a form in my power app.  First page I have 2 combobox to select a name.  The next page is the form that gets autofilled from that name selection.  After I submit the form and get the deep link in my email, it shows data from the first name on that list, not the name that was selected.  Is there something in the datacard or datacardvalue that needs to be checked?  maybe its a onchange or onselect that needs changed?   attached are a couple pictures...let me know if you would like to see more data.  

17 REPLIES 17
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is not the information I asked for.

Can you please share an example of a deeplink that isn't working, specifically the &ID=################### part. 

In case you a referring to the message "you are using one or more shared connections" as an error, it is not. This means that you are using someone else's credentials to access Dataverse. It is not an error. Apart from this I don't see anything else that may be perceived as an error in what you shared.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So here is the deep link of one that isn't working.  https://apps.powerapps.com/play/8e0728fa-44f2-4fe2-99d3-7168b2f187e7?tenantId=a9289a8c-072b-42d4-9ab...

So are you saying that i need to use a different user to access the dataverse?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still having issues seeing the data on my form after I deep link it.  I have &screenname=editform&ID=WAGETRANSFERFORM at end of address......but still shows half of the data on the form.

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still unable to view the dataverse record on this deep link.  Is there a setting or permission on the dataverse that needs to be checked?  I still don't understand why I can't see the record on the deep link....

Thanks for your help.

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

So if I understand, clicking a deeplink will take you to the correct screen and display the record, but not for all fields in the form, correct?

If so, is it an option to add a test screen and add a new  edit form, connecting to the same data source, showing the same item? Form controls can be a bit grumpy at times, so this test should rule out any issues with your form.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just created a new screen with the form and datasource.  on my first screen i have 3 comboxes to select a username, then i have a button to go to next screen, which is where the form is.  I have a name, ID, division number, wage rates, and other comboboxes that get filled in from the name i select on first screen.  So first screen is using sql db, then form is in dataverse.  so my form combo boxes are using sql db to fill in for example, first box has employeename.selected.NGIVENNAME, which employeename is my combo box from first screen and NGIVENNAME is from sql db.  when i submit the form, it is all created in dataverse but when i click the deep link its not showing that data in the combo boxes.....i hope you understand this?

Thanks for your help!

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Understood, but what you don't mention is if there is any difference between the old form and the new one in displaying the value of the items in dataverse.

Did you try setting the Item property on the form to:

LookUp('Wage Transfer Data', 'Wage Transfer Data'= "6b1d87fb-3dbf-ec11-983e-0022481ec368")

Again, to rule out if the issue is in the form, or the deeplink...

Examples would be great to provide some context...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have that in OnStart, but Set(varItem, Lookup(wage transfer data, wage transfer data = GUID(Param("ID"))) then i have varItem on form Item, but i just added it to Item instead of varItem and it seems to be working fine now....

so thanks alot!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,801)