cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Form not updating - Need help

I need to add values to my excel file - On the first page on my app I add 9 values to the table and submit the form - I tried doing the same steps and submitting the second form in the same way but I know I need to do an update the form properly. I don't know what values to put in for Old Record and Current Record because I just want to append the new data to the existing record.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Form not updating - Need help

Hi @scarlson,

Could you please share a screenshot of your first page within your app?

Could you please show a bit more about your scenario?

More details about the Update function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Update function in PowerApps

In addition, I don't think the Update function could achieve your needs in PowerApps, please take a try to achieve your needs with the UpdateIf function. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the Button (Next Button) control to the following formula:

UpdateIf(Table1,Email=Form1.LastSubmit.Email,Form2.Updates);Navigate(Screen4,ScreenTransition.Fade)

Note: The Table1 represents the Excel Table data source within my app. The Form1 is a EditForm (whose Display mode is in Edit) within my first pape, the Form2 is a EditForm (whose Display mode is in Edit) within my second page. The Email is a column in my Excel table. The Screen4 represents next page.

More details about the UpdateIf function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

UpdateIf function in PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @scarlson,

Could you please share a screenshot of your first page within your app?

Could you please show a bit more about your scenario?

More details about the Update function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Update function in PowerApps

In addition, I don't think the Update function could achieve your needs in PowerApps, please take a try to achieve your needs with the UpdateIf function. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the Button (Next Button) control to the following formula:

UpdateIf(Table1,Email=Form1.LastSubmit.Email,Form2.Updates);Navigate(Screen4,ScreenTransition.Fade)

Note: The Table1 represents the Excel Table data source within my app. The Form1 is a EditForm (whose Display mode is in Edit) within my first pape, the Form2 is a EditForm (whose Display mode is in Edit) within my second page. The Email is a column in my Excel table. The Screen4 represents next page.

More details about the UpdateIf function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

UpdateIf function in PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Kris - 

I solved the problem by merging both of my forms into 1 large form. Thank you for this information - very helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,989)