cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Form position on screen and size of date picker

I have created a form for a Sharepoint List and have a scenario I would like to get advice on. This relates to the position of the form on the desktop, and the size of the date picker on the screen.

When on the sharepoint site, you can get to the form I have created in one of two ways:

1) Click on the 'New' button to add a new item to the list. This is the baked in method for inserting a new item into Sharepoint, which in turn opens the form.
2) Click on a link on the Sharepoint site I created in the navigation bar at the top (as well as a link through an icon on the homepage). Selecting this link will open the form.

The two questions I have are:
Q1) When the user clicks the new button (1 in the screenshot), the form will open on the left side of the screen.
When the user clicks on one of the links I created to the form (2 in the screenshot), the form will open on the right side of the screen.
Does anyone know the reason for which side of the screen the form opens? Is it possible the link I selected is for 'edit' mode as opposed to 'create new item' mode?

Q2) When the form opens on the left of the screen, the Date Picker I have is positioned where the lower 'ok' button is off screen and the user is unable to select it.
When the form opens on the right of the screen, the Date Picker is positioned higher on the screen and the user is able to select the 'ok' button.

Showing two methods for opening the form:

Showing my sharepoint site with the two methods for opening the formShowing my sharepoint site with the two methods for opening the form

Showing the form opening on the right of the screen, with the date picker fully in view:

Showing the form opening on the right side of the screen, with the date picker fully shownShowing the form opening on the right side of the screen, with the date picker fully shown

Showing the form opening on the left of the screen, with the date picker partially off screen and unable to scroll to the bottom to select ok:

Showing the form opening on the left side of the screen, and the date picker showing partially off the screenShowing the form opening on the left side of the screen, and the date picker showing partially off the screen
Would anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,190)