cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerQuery789
Helper I
Helper I

Form resets with prior gallery entry Data, after submitting. Email buttons end up sending prior entry data rather than what was submitted!

Hi all,

As my title explains my email button of my form is continually sending the prior form entry data in email rather than current.

My OnSuccess form code:

PowerQuery789_0-1642169371430.png

My submit button code:

PowerQuery789_1-1642169412859.png

I have tried having my form in view & edit modes within the editing tool and come across same issues each time.

Please could anyone advise?

8 REPLIES 8
PowerQuery789
Helper I
Helper I

I've taken my success screen function away from form to see what happens to the form when I press submit, the form replaces the data entered with the previous data entry within the form itself, which may explain why it's emailing, but why that's happening from form submission, I am clueless on.

PowerQuery789
Helper I
Helper I

If anyone could advise it would be much appreciated.

Hi @PowerQuery789 ,

Could you please share more details of your App? What's in the Item property of the Form?

I made a simple App with a Gallery and an Edit form in it, same process as yours. Email was sent successfully with current edited contents after the form's submission. I have not modified the form's most properties but only the Item set to Gallery.Selected, no error occurs. Please check form properties from your end.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

My app is 4 pages.

Page 1 Home Screen with Navigation buttons to the Gallery Log and Create New Form.
Page 2 Gallery Log
Page 3 New Form
Page 4 Success Screen

It's a log for a team to report problems attached to a sharepoint list.

My form property is "DMGallery.Selected" which is connecting to my Gallery of the sharepoint log.

Hi @PowerQuery789 ,

It seems that OnSuccess fires with a delay after the form is submitted, the form's item has already been reset to the selected item automatically. Since it is a New form, please try and remove the Item of the form. If you need to view the selected item from the Gallery first, please set the form in Edit mode and use a button with OnSelect set to NewForm(YourFormName) to transform the form's mode to New. Also you can try and move the formulas from OnSuccess to OnSelect of the submit button, follow the SubmitForm function.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi thank you for your response.

Unfortunately your suggestion has not worked.

I do require the item property within the form, I did try without just to see if it would make a difference and it did not.

It seems like no matter how I try manoeuvre the form type wither it be edit or new, it will always revert the data within the form to a prior entry, I even see that prior entry data load into the form just before it moves me to the success screen, then the email comes through with the prior entry data... rather than the current when I press "submit form" command. 

PowerQuery789
Helper I
Helper I

I've tried to put my entire formula within the submit button onselect property and I have onsuccess property within the form empty.

The email now sends the correct title & description, but it attaches the prior entries attachments instead of the one applied to the newest form..

Hi @PowerQuery789 ,

Have you even tried to remove the original form and add a new Edit form to test?

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,075)