cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thunter
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Form sending without required field

I have a form that has 3-4 "Required" fields. I had a user submit a form without one of the required fields and the app did not error out or prevent the user from clicking the Submit button. Any ideas what to look at? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@thunter 
I like to disable the Submit button to prevent the user from clicking when not all required info is filled-in.

Put this code in the DisplayMode of your button to trigger the disable/enable action.

If(
    IsBlank(TextInput1.Text)
    Or IsBlank(TextInput2.Text)
    Or IsBlank(TextInput3.Text)
    Or IsBlank(TextInput4.Text),
    DisplayMode.Disabled,
    DisplayMode.Edit
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@thunter 
I like to disable the Submit button to prevent the user from clicking when not all required info is filled-in.

Put this code in the DisplayMode of your button to trigger the disable/enable action.

If(
    IsBlank(TextInput1.Text)
    Or IsBlank(TextInput2.Text)
    Or IsBlank(TextInput3.Text)
    Or IsBlank(TextInput4.Text),
    DisplayMode.Disabled,
    DisplayMode.Edit
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

chsanche
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thunter 

You can set the required property of each field in PowerApps, please follow the steps indicated on this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-do-you-make-a-field-required/m-p/2563#M1...

Best Regards

--

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions help users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

@thunter 
In my opinion, its is better user interface design to disable the submit button until all fields are valid.  The user won't receive any failure messages when the form tries to submit but doesn't have all the required data.

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,024)