cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickMerrick
Helper I
Helper I

Form slow to switch between fields and type when collections are too large

I'm finding that when all collection records in an app total over about 3000, my form is slow to show inputs, and its slow to switch fields. My confusion comes from the fact that the form isn't referencing or filtering those collections at all. I was under the impression that collection size only caused issues when attempting to filter large non delegated data sets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NickMerrick
Helper I
Helper I

found it, unrelated image generation was set to generate every millisecond instead of every hour. was causing a ridiculous amount of filter and lookup requests.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@NickMerrick 

How do you have the Item property of the form?

NickMerrick
Helper I
Helper I

Blank, and the data source is set to an empty collection stored locally. I, looking into code inefficiencies on dynamic field required code sections and catching anything trying to run when the needed fields arent filled yet.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@NickMerrick 

I don't know how you are doing that.  The data source of a form requires a connection to an actual table in Sql, Dataverse, SharePoint, etc. not a collection or a variable.   

So I created the form using sharepoint as the source, once the forms was fully made I swapped the source to a collection. the form is for creating new records and it works great as a way to store the data, then run a collection to upload it to the appropriate sharepoint list. Its worked great in the past, but we recently switched tenancies and now this form runs slow when records in all collections total around 3000, ive opened the monitor and theres no extra code executing that could be slowing it down, and all references in the app reference local data, so it shouldnt be a connection thing.

NickMerrick
Helper I
Helper I

Im also getting what looks like a ton of blank filter function requests, but i have no idea whats generating them as the details all read null, see attached monitor json log file.

NickMerrick
Helper I
Helper I

found it, unrelated image generation was set to generate every millisecond instead of every hour. was causing a ridiculous amount of filter and lookup requests.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,749)