cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jainu
Frequent Visitor

Form submission in power app by avoiding repeating fields

Hi Team,

I made a power app using SharePoint List. In my scenario, each crew member needs to enter their name, date, place ,start time, finish time and process and they need to repeat this 3,4 times per day. Because the start time, finish time and process are different every time and all other fields are same. But when ever they take the new form, they need to fill all the information and it is time consuming.

So I decided to add to forms in the first screen. One form with name, date, place (Constant Fields). another form with Start Time, Finish time and process. when they click next another screen comes with varying data fields so that they can click next until they finish all information. 

But I can't submit these forms.  Any help or suggestions please

Note - all fields are in same SharePoint list

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Super User
Super User

@jainu You can do it with just one form.

1. Populate the constant fields using the default property and set them to disabled so that the user can't change them.

2. Let the user fill the other details and when they hit Save, Submit the Form and set the Form mode to New.

3. Now they can enter the next set of details.

4. They can keep going as many times as they want.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CNT
Super User
Super User

@jainu You can do it with just one form.

1. Populate the constant fields using the default property and set them to disabled so that the user can't change them.

2. Let the user fill the other details and when they hit Save, Submit the Form and set the Form mode to New.

3. Now they can enter the next set of details.

4. They can keep going as many times as they want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,462)