cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbdulHannan
Helper I
Helper I

Form submit issue. "An entry is required or has an invalid value" for some items.

Hello PowerApps gurus and experts,
I need your help.
So, I am facing a wired problem.
The app in question has two forms, the first forms data are stored in variable, and I use those variable in the 2nd form. And use those value again and again in 2nd form to submit the necessary data.
As for data source I am using excel file stored in OneDrive and Want to write in a SharePoint list when user submits the 2nd form.

The problem I am facing when submitting the form for some contents i get an error saying "an entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again" And some contents submits without any error and I get a new list item created in my SharePoint list.

I have no required fields in my two forms.

What should I do?

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

OK @AbdulHannan ,

I have read your original post again - I thought we were writing to Excel, but it appears it is SharePoint?

Go to your List Settings, select the field Title and see if Require that this column contains information is checked - if so, uncheck it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

OK @AbdulHannan ,

I tried that first as I have answered a number of posts where that was the issue.

Can you please send me a screenshot of your form and the SharePoint List Settings - also how do you navigate to it (or is it on the first screen) and what is the DefaultMode?

9 REPLIES 9
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AbdulHannan ,

What is the Item property and DataSource of the Second Form.

Hello @WarrenBelz 

Item property for the 1st form is false

Item property for the 2nd form is blank, if I add 'false' in the item property I get an error saying "Invalid formula. Expected a value compatible with 'DataSource'"

And the DataSource for the 1st and 2nd form is the same SharePoint list.

Hi @AbdulHannan ,

How are you saving your data? You need an Item property so Power Apps knows how to save it if you use SubmitForm. What is your save code?

Hello @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for replying.

The submit button onSelect property code is "SubmitForm(ReportForm);"

OK @AbdulHannan ,

I have read your original post again - I thought we were writing to Excel, but it appears it is SharePoint?

Go to your List Settings, select the field Title and see if Require that this column contains information is checked - if so, uncheck it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I don't have a Title  in my list, I created this list by exporting a excel table.

Also in list settings none of the field is marked as required.

The problem i am facing is some items are submitting some are not. If there was a issue with field settings or required field no items would have submitted, isn't that right?

OK @AbdulHannan ,

I tried that first as I have answered a number of posts where that was the issue.

Can you please send me a screenshot of your form and the SharePoint List Settings - also how do you navigate to it (or is it on the first screen) and what is the DefaultMode?

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I fixed the problem after your suggestion "what is the DefaultMode?"
Form 1 had DefaultMode set to New

But Form 2 had DefaultMode set to Edit. After I changed it to New the problem got fixed.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi @AbdulHannan ,

That was the next place I was heading. I work on a process of elimination rather than trying to fix everything at once.

If my posts have guided you to a solution, please consider clicking Accept as solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,534)