cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave_bauer
Regular Visitor

Form will not connect to Data Source

First time using Power Apps and am trying to connect my data source to an "edit form", but getting an error that says "form isn't connected to any data yet". 

Screenshot attached

I have a gallery already connected to the data on the same screen, and have tried to enter the connection manually (via Datasource =), but no connection.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That worked....thank you!!!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

Go to the DataSource dropdown in the properties list (on the right) and select your datasource that you have for your Gallery.

An EditForm needs to know the datasource of any data records so it can show fields and have the edit and update logic it needs.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Thanks. It seems that when i try to do that, it makes me add a new data source, instead of using the existing data source, already established.

In the attached screenshot, I have selected the data source used on other sections of the screen (ex: Gallary and Drop Down), but it makes me add a new data souce, and when it do...it still does not load the records. 

Thanks

What is the datasource for the Gallery?  And, what kind is it (SharePoint, SQL, Etc.)?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

The Datasource is a table within an Excel file saved via Sharepoint. the Excel file has 4-5 tables within it. 

So, if you have added the data source to your app, you will see it in the View->Data sources list. First, make sure you have that there.  You should have a Source for each Table in your Excel file that you chose originally when connecting to the Excel file through the OneDrive connector (I assume this considering your description of the location).

The name of that Datasource is what you need.

That list *should* appear in the DropDown list of the Items property of your Gallery.  

Choose the Gallery control, then look at the properties list on the right.  The top property is Items - that drop down should have your data source in it.

So the question is, what can i do if the datasource is not showing up.

In Attached Screenshot - I have gone thru the "View => Data Sources" and showing the Data Sources are connected and present, but when i select the Form and go do the Data Source Drop Down, it does not recongize the data sources and only gives me the option to add new data source. 

AH...the picture is worth a thousand words!

When you created your data source you chose "Import from Excel".

Please notice there is a message under that choice - "Add static data to your app"

This is just that - you cannot edit the data.  Therefore it is not a data source that you can assign to an Edit form like you are trying to do. 

I would use the OneDrive for Business connector to connect to that (assuming the library is accessible in that way).

Once you have connected to it that way, you can assign it as a DataSource.

That worked....thank you!!!

View solution in original post

Hi, I am also having similar issue,i added the datasource(an excel file) using the google drive connector and added the table i wanted to connect to the edit form.The data fields are not showing up under the edit fields option.This data source worked and displayed the fields correctly in the gallery control

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,062)