cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickJ
Advocate I
Advocate I

Format Currency Text Returns Blank with 0 Input

I want to Format text coming from a sum of two other inputs in currency format.

- I can either have nice formatting 000,000,000 and not show a 0 if the text being formatted is 0 

- OR I can show a 0 but I loose the number formatting

Text(Sum(Value(txtInput1.Text),Value(txtInput2.Text), "[$-en-US]###,###,###"))  = shows 0 but no formatting

Text(Text(Sum(Value(txtInput1.Text),Value(txtInput2.Text)), "[$-en-US]###,###,###"))  = shows formatting but if 0 it shows blank

Any options here to use formatting if numbers input and of sum = 0 still show 0??

- I tried and If statement to detect if sum = 0 just return 0 not through format string, but formatting doesn't like to be in a if statement either

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

If(IsBlank(TextInput1)&&IsBlank(TextInput2),"0",Text(Sum(Value(TextInput1.Text),Value(TextInput2.Text)),"###,###,###"))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was I helpful? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. It will help other users to find it faster.

follow me on Twitter @zmansuri123,
connect with me on LinkedIn from Here

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RickJ ,

You could create 2 lables to show value.

If the value is 0, label1 is displayed.

If the value is not 0, label2 is displayed

For example:

Label1 Visible:

If(Sum(Value(TextInput1.Text),Value(TextInput2.Text),"[$-en-US]  ###,###,###")=0,true,false)

Label1 Text:

Label2 Visible:

If(Sum(Value(TextInput1.Text),Value(TextInput2.Text),"[$-en-US]  ###,###,###")<>0,true,false)

Label2 Text:

Text(Sum(Value(TextInput1.Text),Value(TextInput2.Text)),"[$-en-US]  ###,###,###")

Finally, overlap the positions of these two controls.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Liam_Chapman
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @RickJ ,

I think the below should work:

Text(Sum(Value(TextInput1.Text),Value(TextInput2.Text)), If(Sum(Value(TextInput1.Text),Value(TextInput2.Text)) = 0,"0","[$-en-US]###,###,###"))

Liam_Chapman_0-1622792719070.png

Liam_Chapman_1-1622792732370.png

So do the if statement around the format string instead of the value.

Thanks,
Liam

zmansuri
Super User
Super User

If(IsBlank(TextInput1)&&IsBlank(TextInput2),"0",Text(Sum(Value(TextInput1.Text),Value(TextInput2.Text)),"###,###,###"))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was I helpful? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. It will help other users to find it faster.

follow me on Twitter @zmansuri123,
connect with me on LinkedIn from Here

Thanks great solutions, and I just added in the handle for 0 as well as blanks and it works great.

If(
    (IsBlank(TextInput1)||TextInput1.Text="0")&&(IsBlank(TextInput2)||TextInput2.Text="0"),
    "0",
    Text(Sum(Value(TextInput1.Text),Value(TextInput2.Text)),"###,###,###")
)

Thanks, your solution also worked, I tried to add in for it to be able to handle 0 input along side blanks but couldn't get it working. Thanks again for replying

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,403)